This is where our TOS & Privacy Policies reside. Along with our other legal docs that pertain to all our products.
- BigBearTechWorld Terms Of Service
- Notification of Copyright Infringement Claims
BigBearTechWorld Terms Of Service
Last updated: December 10, 2019
This Terms Of Service applies to any other apps, products or services Big Bear Tech World offers.
By using the Big Bear Tech World Apps ("Service"), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service").
BigBearTechWorld ("Company") reserves the right to update and change these Terms of Service without notice.
Violation of any of the terms below may result in the termination of your account.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when content is posted by others who have their own logins under your account).
- You may not use the Service for any illegal purpose or to violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many people as you'd like.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
Customers may access their Service data via the Application Program Interface ("API"). Any use of the API, including use of the API through a third-party product that accesses the Service, is bound by the terms of this agreement plus the following specific terms:
- You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable for any damages or losses resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests to the Service via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account's access to the API. The Company, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. The Company will make a reasonable attempt via email to warn the account owner prior to suspension.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- Our services/products are offered with a free membership to test the product before subscribing.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, will result in the new rate being charged at the next billing cycle. There will be no prorating for downgrades in between billing cycles.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of features or capacity of your account. The Company does not accept any liability for such loss.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes. Where required, The Company will collect those taxes on behalf of taxing authority and remit those taxes to taxing authorities.
- We do not offer refunds when you have a free account already & then you upgrade.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the Subscriptions on the home then click the red cancel button under Actions box. The Account screen provides a simple no-questions-asked cancellation link.
- When you cancel your subscription you will be downgraded to a free account/team.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately, and you will not be charged again. But there will not be any prorating of unused time in the last billing cycle.
- The Company, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. The Company reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- The Company reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of the Service with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Company web site or the Service itself.
- The Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Service must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. All materials uploaded remain yours.
- The Company does not pre-screen content, but reserves the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided via chat.
- You understand that the Company uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service.
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or the Company.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by the Company.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove content and accounts that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Service customer, Company employee or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other Service customers. Of course, we'll reach out to the account owner before taking any action except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the Service for other customers.
- The Company does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Company and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and the Company (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be started on our chat system.
- You also agree to the Google Maps Terms https://developers.google.com/maps/terms
Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Last updated: December 10, 2019
The privacy of your data — is a big deal to us. We’ll only ever access your account to help you with a problem or squash a software bug. We’ll never open any uploaded files unless you ask us to. We log all access to all accounts by IP address, so we can always verify that no unauthorized access has happened for as long as the logs are kept.
Identity & access
When you sign up for BigBearTechWorld Apps, we ask for your name and email address. That's just so you can personalize your new account, and we can send you invoices, updates, or other essential information. We’ll never sell your personal info to third parties, and we won’t use your name or company in marketing statements without your permission, either.
When you pay for BigBearTechWorld Apps, we ask for your credit card and billing address. That's so we can charge you for service, calculate taxes due, and send you invoices. Your credit card is passed directly to our payment processor and doesn't ever go through our servers. We store a record of the payment transaction, including the last 4 digits of the credit card number, for account history, invoicing, and billing support. We store your billing address to calculate any sales tax due in the United States, to detect fraudulent credit card transactions, and to print on your invoices.
When you write BigBearTechWorld Apps with a question or to ask for help, we'll keep that correspondence, and the email address, for future reference. When you browse our marketing pages, we'll track that for statistical purposes (like conversion rates and to test new designs). We also store any information you volunteer, like surveys, for as long as it makes sense.
The only times we’ll ever share your info:
- To provide products or services you've requested, with your permission.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
BigBearTechWorld won’t hand your data over to law enforcement unless a court order says we have to. We flat-out reject requests from local and federal law enforcement when they seek data without a court order. And unless we're legally prevented from it, we’ll always inform you when such requests are made.
Security & Encryption
All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. Data isn’t encrypted while it's live in our database (since it needs to be ready to send to you when you need it), but we go to great lengths to secure your data at rest.
Location of Site and Data
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Site, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Changes & questions
BigBearTechWorld may update this policy once in a blue moon — we’ll notify you about significant changes by emailing the account owner or by placing a prominent notice on our site. You can access, change or delete your personal information at any time by contacting our support team.
Notification of Copyright Infringement Claims
BigBearTechWorld is committed to compliance with U.S. copyright law. Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512), copyright owners have the right to notify BigBearTechWorld, if they believe that an account user of a BigBearTechWorld application has infringed the copyright owner's work(s). Notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be submitted in writing to BigBearTechWorld designated agent for receiving such notifications.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: PO BOX 973, Portland TN 37148
To be effective, the notification of claimed infringement must be a written communication and must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single Notification, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit BigBearTechWorld to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit BigBearTechWorld to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.